Photography at the Guild had a wonderful show this past October. We received over 76 amazing images and had an exciting opening with well over 100 hundred visitors. A big “Thank You” to all the photographers who exhibited and congratulations to everyone who earned a ribbon. A complete list of the winners is posted on the Guild’s web page.
To prepare for 2023, a virtual meeting will be held on Thursday December 1, 2022, to recruit volunteers, develop programs for the upcoming year and begin the organization of the juried show for 2023. If you are interested in photography and wish to volunteer in any of the following areas, we urge you to attend and become engaged!
- Posting to the Instagram Account “Photography@TheGuild” and other social media sites to promote our work.
- Assist in coordinating meetups, identify locations, guide the participants through the site visit.
Hold follow up meetings either live or via zoom.
- Identify learning topics and instructors to build programs for enhanced skills, specifically for new enthusiasts.
- Coordinate and assist in the annual juried show. Select judges, categories and coordinate the show logistics.
- Be a staff photographer for the guild. Photograph the monthly art openings held at the Guild, catalog and photograph entries to Sweetwater or other Guild related events and concerts.
The zoom details are as follows:
When: Thursday December 1, 2022,
Time: 7:00 PM
Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85048793749